Friday, June 20, 2014

Be Forewarned: Oz is not for sale...



But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have
America(the band),  1974

If you read any of my previous articles for Rebelle, and this website, than you know that I’ve been through a very challenging personal ‘Odyssey’ and that I am always on the lookout for ways to heal, mend and move forward.
Recently, I had an encounter with a truly gifted teacher and healer, who opened me up in a very personal and vulnerable way, and then gave me a pamphlet listing the programs she offers on 'tuning into one's divinity', and their cost. Afterward, I wrote this to her:  "at this point in our collective spiritual evolution, I feel it should be untoward for anyone to charge someone else for teaching them how to be 'more spiritual'. There's such a void, such a longing to fill, that I'm sure one can make a fortune. Even if you say that's not why you are doing it. It amounts to that in the end.  I've watched this phenomenon all my life. It truly sickens me.
"Let me cut to the chase further:  I have as much experience and knowledge of the things you are talking about, but I choose to use that energy directly with the people I meet every day. There's no program; no cost.  There's only Life getting better through the personal exchange of two human beings being fully open with one another. Therein lays 'real spirituality'.
"The whole present Gestalt of bringing 'spiritual awareness' to people assumes that they don't have it, and need it (and if they can afford to, pay for it).
"It may not happen in my lifetime, but I'd like to help blast that tripe into the deepest part of the ocean forever."

I then went onto to recommend her to read Rebelle Society and Chris Gross’s meme Indie Spiritualist.

From my perspective on Life, it seems to me that when people have their basic needs met – food, clothing, 
shelter – they then rise up on their hind legs, look skyward, and want for spiritual and sexual fulfillment. (Not necessarily in that order.) 

There are people among us who are either innately blessed with adept knowledge and skills in these areas, or they practiced until they mastered them.

I know from experience that being around spiritual adepts, like Yogis, hastened by own spiritual growth simply by osmosis. This past weekend I spent Father’s Day at Muktidham, The Abode of Liberation, where Shrii Kripalvanandji did the last four years of Kundalini yoga sadhana. Just being there for an hour in silent meditation revitalized me in ways a hundred yoga classes, or books, would not. The real thing is palpable.

In the same way, I’ve had special sexual partners who opened me up to states of ecstasy and bliss that I would not have encountered on my own, or with ordinary partners.

And here’s my point: when you sell spirituality or sex you not only sully the practice but dissipate its potency.

How?

Because, the only way to truly advance in one’s knowledge and experience of these aspects of Life is to be intimate with the source of the teachings and experience. Without that intimacy, it is just mechanical spiritual practical or rote Eros.

I’m not saying it is never all right to pay for guidance in these areas: if you have a physical or emotional dysfunction that prohibits you from advancing personally, then yes, by all means get the therapeutic help you need.

But by and large that is not the case.

One should not charge money to get into Oz if, for no other reason, than that sooner or later, your ‘clients’ are going to figure out that Oz is free. I’ve watched this happen over and over; what was once cherished, and rightly so, becomes yet another disappointment, something you overpaid for and lost energy on.

It doesn’t have to be that way. But rather than leave you with a rather dour cautionary note, I’d like to offer  a brief video that shows two people in a loving relationship sharing their spiritual intimacy. You don’t even have to listen to their words: just observe the sparks in their eyes, and the barely containable joy in their smiles: http://thecoolvegetarian.com/blog/2014/05/the-key-to-powerful-lasting-love-gabriel-cousens-shanti-gold-cousens-video/
Have a Blissful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment